Saturday, May 9, 2009

Hi Girlie!!!

Hi everyone!!! I have been a good busy at work and we are potty training here, so not quite as much time to stamp as normal. I am so pleased I was able to do Dawn's Color Challenge. I love all the combinations she comes up with and they are so far from my normal choices! She really pushes me to try new things and I LOVE IT!!!!!

Speaking of trying new things, I am not sure I "LOVE" this card. I got some letter stickers after seeing the fabulous cards Kristina does. It is just not as stinking cute as hers are, but it is growning on me. The other thing that I need your help with is spelling :) As I am sure you have all noticed, I am a horrible speller. Is it Hi Girly or Hi Girlie? I couldn't decide and need your help LOL! Luckily, the friend I am sending this to is so used to my lack of spelling skills she will just laugh. Here is my card
What do you think? I have been really enjoying PTI background stamps. I love how much fun it is to make my own. There are only 2 pieces of paper the white and then the grey in the middle.

Let me know about the spelling. I think I can still pull the letters off and redo it. It has been so rainy here. It is not good for the farmers at all. Dad is about 4 weeks behind this year, so we could really use some dry days! Hopefully I will have some more cards done this weekend.

It's a good life!

Terri E.

Deets: All supplies are Papertrey Ink unless noted

Stamps: Background Basics: Dots & Spots
Ink: Raspberry Fizz, Hibicus Burst, SU Basic Grey

Paper: Stampers select white, SU Basic Grey

Accessories: Michaels Bling, puffy pink letters

16 comments:

Andrea said...

Fun card. I am usually a great speller, but not sure myself on the spelling of girly/girlie. I think you should leave it like it is and she will love it regardless.
The PTI background stamp looks like a lot of fun.

Michelle Woerner said...

So cute! I love those epoxy letter stickers. Girlie is with an "ie" (I think!!). I SOOOOO hear you about the potty training. I thought I would NEVER stop cleaning the carpet and couch cushins! It gets better, I promise :)

Andrea said...

By the way, I forgot to tell you in my earlier comment....you have an award waiting for you on my blog. Thanks for always leaving such kind comments on my blog.
Have a happy day.

Mara Campbell said...

Great job with those background stamps, it looks great! You make me wish I bought that stamp set, LOL!!!

Sue Lelli said...

I love the stickers and I vote for "ie" Very cute!

Courtney Baker said...

Cute stuff. I like the ie as well. Good luck with the potty training!

Michelle said...

Love the spelling - very cute! Great combination with your colours, well done!

Betty Benton said...

When you use it as a noun (hi girlie) it should be ie; when used as an adjective (girly girl) it is a y. Doesn't that just sound like a teacher? Actually, I have not a clue! LOL!

Anne said...

Lovely card and I think you can spell a shortened term of endearment either way :)

Barbara M said...

Cute card your friend will love it! You can spell it any way you want after all it is ART:) Potty training not so artsy!

Gwen said...

really pretty! love the bling! & you did a great job with that background!! love it!

2Bis2DO said...

I agree with Barbara M. It's art, spell it how you like it. I like the way it looks.
Great job.

{PurpleD} said...

So sparkly (or sparklie....kidding :-) ).

That is a happy card! :-)

Dana F. said...

I'm also pro for "girlie"... but hey, I'm no native speaker... Anyways, beautiful card!!

Winter said...

Not sure of the spelling, but it's cute! Never would have noticed, if you wouldn't have said anything! :) Great job!

Helen F. said...

Love your card! Very cute.
btw, Girlie or Girly works-it's an adjective :o)